If we take the phrase “we are what we eat” literally, then it only stands to reason that formulating a shopping list for weight loss is one of the most efficient ways to reach your short- and long-term goals. However, this can still be somewhat of a daunting task if you are unfamiliar with the types of foods to include as well as other lifestyle habits to adopt.
The team at Spatz3 has taken the time to compile a handful of powerful and practical suggestions well in advance. You can therefore create a healthy grocery list for weight loss on a budget while remaining assured that your efforts will be focused in the right direction. Let’s now see what the experts have to say.
Creating a Healthy Shopping List for Weight Loss
What foods should a shopping list for weight loss actually contain? To answer this question, it is first wise to roughly describe a healthy diet in terms of where the calories are derived from. Here is a general breakdown:
- Between 45 and 65 percent should be derived from carbohydrates.
- 25 to 35 per cent sourced from fat.
- Between 10 and 30 percent from protein.
Having said this, you will need to decide which foods provide optimal levels of vitamins and nutrients while still enabling you to cut down on your overall caloric intake. Of course, the shopping list itself will also differ for those who happen to be embracing vegan or vegetarian lifestyles. We can nonetheless highlight a handful of foods that should be included:
- Plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Salad greens.
- Cold-pressed virgin olive oil.
- Skim milk (sugar-free) yogurt.
- Farm-raised eggs.
- Lean meat such as chicken breast and whitefish.
- Whole-grain oats.
Try to experiment with each of the foods mentioned above, as they can be prepared in a variety of ways. However, creating a diet-friendly shopping list is actually only a small portion of a much larger equation. What other mantras should be adopted?
Nine Rules to Effectively Lose Weight
Losing weight is more about the journey as opposed to the final destination. This is why it is crucial to follow these nine guidelines if you hope to experience results sooner as opposed to later:
- Remain hydrated throughout the day.
- Eat three balanced meals.
- Calculate how many calories your body requires and create a subsequent deficit plan.
- Be sure to consume plenty of protein.
- Regularly exercise.
- Carefully monitor your diet at all times.
- Obtain between seven and eight hours of sleep each night.
- Avoid unhealthy foods.
- Use the buddy system.
On a final note, remember that motivation is another core component of your ultimate success. If you happen to falter from time to time, do not let any negative emotions detract from your goals. Simply view these instances as nothing more than short-term learning experiences.
Seven Sure-Fire Tips When Creating a Weight Loss Grocery List and Meal Plan
It’s important to mention that everyone seems to have their own recommendations in terms of weight loss and dietary habits. While each set of guidelines has its own merit, so-called “universal rules” are often overlooked in favor of fads and similar “sure-fire” suggestions. Spatz3 has therefore created this list of seven tips so that you can begin on solid ground:
- Appreciate that losing weight will take time.
- Create an exercise regimen that coincides with your aims.
- Look towards the horizon as opposed to focusing solely upon the present.
- Include a “cheat day” from time to time in order to stave off malaise or diet fatigue.
- Shop around to find the best products for your grocery list.
- When in doubt, seek the advice of a nutritionist.
- Always leverage the cutting-edge benefits of the Spatz3 gastric balloon.
We can now see that while diet plays an undeniable role, other metrics will need to be taken into account if you hope to bend the odds in your favor. Thankfully, you are already halfway there due to the effective nature of the Spatz3 adjustable gastric balloon. Creating a shopping list for weight loss is therefore just as important as adopting the appropriate lifestyle habits.