Mindfulness and the gastric balloon
Spatz3 is the world’s only Adjustable Gastric Balloon System
Mindfulness and the gastric balloon work together to promote how you eat, which is essential in your weight loss journey. You can combine the Spatz3 Adjustable Gastric Balloon with mindfulness to show how the approach will help you achieve your goals effectively. Mindful practices are tools that improve your health and well-being and relieve stress. An essential weight-loss practice is mindful eating with the gastric balloon and avoiding practising unhealthy eating habits.
Receive your free 4 -step guide today!
In each step, you’ll learn new tips to help you choose the RIGHT weight loss solution!
Mindful eating with the gastric balloon
Mindful eating involves your full attention to the present moment as you eat your food. You need to savour each bite and be aware of your triggers when you eat. When you combine mindful eating with the gastric balloon, you can monitor your eating habits and learn to eat within the required calorie limits.
The mind plays a vital role in weight loss, as overeating is associated with the brain. People tend to overeat due to their emotions, such as stress, boredom, and loneliness, which can build these eating habits. The brain’s prefrontal cortex is responsible for willpower to refuse to eat healthy habits. Mindfulness can help build this part of the brain while helping you understand the reasons for your eating behavior and how to address those reasons. You can change your old eating habits using your gastric balloon to ensure maximum weight loss.
You can practice mindful eating through the following:
- Identifying your current eating habits: You can track your eating patterns and behaviors to determine what and when you eat.
- Identify the emotions you feel as you eat – You need to identify whether you eat when bored, lonely, or stressed. When you pay attention to your emotions, you can develop healthier eating patterns.
- Eliminate distractions – Mindful eating involves focusing solely on eating to ensure you don’t exceed your calorie count with the gastric balloon.
- Don’t eat too fast – When you eat too fast, your brain does not receive the signal that you’re full. When you eat too fast, you may not know when to stop, and it’s not recommended to exceed your calorie count when using the gastric balloon.
- Enjoy the experience of your meal – When you enjoy the different sensations and have a full experience, you savor each bite.
- Monitor your hunger levels – Only eat when you’re hungry. Don’t eat just for the sake of eating.
- Portion your meals and be mindful of what you serve on your plate
Mindfulness and Weight loss
While using the gastric balloon, it’s essential to be mindful and be in the present moment, observing your actions and what happens in your mind and body. Mindfulness can help you lose weight in many ways, including:
- Providing clarity to make better choices, such as your eating habits
- Calming your mind and emotions to boost your self-control when changing engrained habits
- Calming your emotions will help you address your stress, as relaxation will not trigger feelings, such as overeating
- Mindful practices will help you overcome emotional issues that can make you overeat. When you understand your problems, you can move past them and lead a healthier life.
Benefits of mindfulness with the gastric balloon
- Mindful eating can boost your healthy relationship with food and increase your chances of achieving your weight loss goals.
- When you’re mindful, you can maintain your weight loss results as you understand your body, what triggers your eating habits, and how to make conscious food choices.
- Mindfulness reduces your cravings as you can self-regulate and change your eating behaviours.
- It makes you aware that you’ve eaten enough
It may help you stop binge eating and eating for pleasure
- It lowers stress hormone levels, cortisol, which can trigger obesity.
- It lowers your blood pressure, heart rate, and stress levels.
- You gain a renewed sense of hunger and fullness
- Your self-esteem improves, and you gain a sense of empowerment.
Incorporate these methods with Spatz3
Mindfulness and the gastric balloon work together to show that you can become self-aware and in-tune with your body to change your eating habits and achieve your weight loss goals. Incorporating these strategies helps you include mindful eating essential to avoid unhealthy eating habits. When you monitor what you eat, mindfulness and the gastric balloon can be instrumental in your weight loss journey.
Hopefully there will come a time when gastric balloons are covered by insurance. Until then, there are financing options, and doctors are happy to help you find a way to have a non-surgical procedure to improve your quality of life. Contact us at Spatz Medical today and let us know about you to determine if you qualify for a gastric balloon.